Monday, February 2, 2009

An Unhappy 2nd February


I really hate of being late. Especially late to school.
I hate of reaching class when the lecturer arrives earlier than me.
I hate of entering lecture when everybody has started the lessons.
I hate of being late as it will spoil my mood throughout the day!

2 February. It was snowing heavily in Newcastle since midnight. Of course I couldn't walk to school, as walking through a field and road covered with oceans of snowflakes will take me more than half an hour to reach Bedson. And I didn't want to shiver and freeze and be a 'dynamic snowman' along the road as well. Unfortunately, all of the taxi services were only available after 10 o'clock because of the bad weather. Ya Allah! Quantum chemistry lecture will be at nine, and I couldn't simply skip the lecture as I did before!

Yenn, Meni, Kak Mizah and I rushed to the bus stand near Nunsmoor Park. A bus just passed by in front of us and it didn't stop as it was obviously full! I kept looking at my watch. It's nearly nine now.

Another bus to town only came at ten past nine. OK, I'm late already. Arggh! Walking from Eldon to Bedson took longer time than usual, as the road was very very slippery, and I didn't think my old Clarks could supply enough friction on ice to allow me walking as quick as possible. And eventually, as I entered the lecture theatre, Prof Harriman had already gone half way of his first quantum chemistry lecture!

It's OK then. I can print out all the notes from Blackboard right after class.

But then when I was doing organic practical in lab this evening, Taz told us that Harriman's won't upload the notes on Blackboard for this semester, and had given an order to the whole class to not give their notes to those who were late or absent! Huhu. But I'm pretty sure Taz, or Kemi, or Emma, or anybody else in the class will offer their notes whenever I'm in need. Harriman is just being rude sometimes, instead of always being nice to us. I couldn't avoid of feeling pissed off anyway.

I just lost my focus for the whole day. Consequently, I was unintendedly threw away and washed up a flask of aldol product which we definitely have to use it during the lab session tomorrow!

It's nothing except I had to repeat the experiment almost all over again. Huhu.

Ya Allah, forgive me, forgive me, forgive me for all my faults and sins, please guide me to make my tomorrow better than the previous day.

Conclusion : I'll be completely sick for the whole day once I'm late.

No comments:

Post a Comment